This extensive course will give you an understanding of the concepts and practical applications of modelling naturally flowing and artificial lift wells with Prosper. Additionally we will show you surface network modelling with GAP, reservoir modelling with MBAL and full field performance prediction with GAP and MBAL. Micro-learning with Baobab’s unique set of modules will provide you with the knowledge you need for a career in Petroleum Engineering.
. . . anyone eager to learn about the concepts and applications of integrated production systems modelling with commercial software.
10 days classroom equivalent.
1. Production system concepts
2. Units and datums
3. Reservoir fluid properties overview
4. PVT correlations and matching
5. Workshop: Building a well model (1)
6. Inflow performance concepts
7. Radial flow IPR and skin
8. Outflow performance concepts
9. Holdup and slip
10. Flow correlations and VLPs
11. Workshop: Buiding a well model (2)
12. Pressure loss at surface
13. Nodal analysis concepts
14. Nodal analysis plot interpretation
15. Workshop: Matching the well model
16. Workshop: More complex IPR modelling
17. Workshop: Sensitivity analysis
18. Introduction to Artificial Lift Systems
19. Gas lift key concepts
20. Gas lift design and VLPs
21. Workshop: Gas lift design and sensitivities
22. Gas lift equipment and valve calculations
23. Gas lift diagnosis
24. ESP key concepts and performance curves
25. ESP equipment overview
26. ESP design and sensitivities
27. Workshop: ESP design and sensitivities
28. ESP operations, control and optimisation
29. ESP diagnosis
30. Workshop: ESP diagnosis and performance analysis
31. PCP key concepts and performance curves
32. PCP design and operation
33. Workshop: PCP design and sensitivities
34. Reservoir performance modelling
35. Introduction to Analytical aquifer modelling
36. Introduction to MBAL
37. Reservoir history matching methods
38. Reservoir performance prediction methods
39. Building a new oil reservoir model
40. Surface network modelling concepts
41. Introduction to GAP (data entry)
42. Running the network model
43. Adding gas lift wells
44. Adding ESP wells
45. Running a prediction
46. Optimising the production profile
47. Adding artificial lift (gas lift and ESPs)
48. Course final examination
On completion of the final course exam you will receive a certificate of completion of your course. Recognised by major players in the industry across the world, these certificates will help to confirm your training record and your progress within the profession. Accreditation from the Institution of Chemical Engineers (IChemE) is in progress.
Digital badges are awarded upon the successful completion of a set of skills (micro-credentials) that form a competency set for Production and Reservoir Engineers.
Upon successful completion of a module (set of courses) a certificate will be issued which will enable the user to apply to Robert Gordon University (RGU) to take the formal assessments (coursework and written examination), successful completion of which will give credit towards their M.Sc. in Petroleum Production Engineering.
First of all it is fantastic! The setup is easy to understand and your introduction helps to clarify all open questions. The search function works well. I tested a key words and I always found what I wanted.
I really think the bitesize videos are excellent. They are so easy to dip in and out. It allows me to go exactly to the part I am interested in. It is the perfect tool for on-the-job learning – the perfect virtual colleague who can answer all your quick questions.
The videos are very didactic, short and with concise explanations. I have been using it to remind me of important concepts in the well performance theme and also to learn about some software applications. And definitely I can apply on my day-to-day job. I found it very useful and a fast way of learning, rather than being in a classroom.
Track your progress as you grow your skills, in your own time. Take interactive assessments to put your new knowledge to the test and prepare for that interview or evaluation, while refreshing your memory with our quick revision videos. Earn badges to demonstrate your new skills or those of your team – and watch your achievements mount up as you go. This is how to learn, in your time.
(Searchable knowledge base)
*12 month subscription Single User
*12 month subscription Single User