This extensive course covers all the fundamental concepts of reservoir engineering plus practical applications in software tutorials (MBAL and KAPPA workstation). Topics include; reservoir engineering objectives, fluid and rock properties, well inflow performance, fluid flow in porous media, reservoir drive mechanisms, performance trend analysis, rate transient analysis, material balance and analytical aquifers, reserves estimation, well testing and pressure transient analysis, formation evaluation, improved and enhanced oil recovery, reservoir performance prediction and reservoir management and surveillance. You will also explore unconventional reservoir analysis and applications.
. . . anyone keen to learn about how the fundamental concepts of reservoir engineering are applied in commercial software.
10 days classroom equivalent.
1. Introduction to Reservoir Engineering
2. Units review
3. References and Resources
4. Fluid Properties
5. Rock Properties
6. Relative permeability and fractional flow
7. Well inflow performance
8. Fluid Flow in Porous Media
9. Reservoir Drive Mechanisms
10. Performance Trend Analysis
11. Introduction to Material Balance
12. Material Balance for oil reservoirs
13. Material Balance for gas reservoirs
14. Summary of Material Balance
15. Introduction to analytical aquifer models
16. Reservoir modelling workshop (MBAL)
17. Introduction to Well Testing
18. Pressure Drawdown Analysis
19. Pressure Buildup Analysis
20. Type Curves
21. Introduction to PTA workshop (Saphir)
22. Reserves Estimation
23. Well logging and formation evaluation
24. Improved and Enhanced oil recovery (IOR/EOR)
25. Reservoir performance prediction
26. Introduction to reservoir simulation workshop (Rubis)
27. Unconventional Reservoir Analysis
28. Rate Transient Analysis (RTA)
29. Unconventional reservoir performance analysis workshop (Citrine and Topaze)
30. Reservoir management and surveillance
On completion of the final course exam you will receive a certificate of completion of your course. Recognised by major players in the industry across the world, these certificates will help to confirm your training record and your progress within the profession. Accreditation from the Institution of Chemical Engineers (IChemE) is in progress.
Digital badges are awarded upon the successful completion of a set of skills (micro-credentials) that form a competency set for Production and Reservoir Engineers.
Upon successful completion of a module (set of courses) a certificate will be issued which will enable the user to apply to Robert Gordon University (RGU) to take the formal assessments (coursework and written examination), successful completion of which will give credit towards their M.Sc. in Petroleum Production Engineering.
First of all it is fantastic! The setup is easy to understand and your introduction helps to clarify all open questions. The search function works well. I tested a key words and I always found what I wanted.
I really think the bitesize videos are excellent. They are so easy to dip in and out. It allows me to go exactly to the part I am interested in. It is the perfect tool for on-the-job learning – the perfect virtual colleague who can answer all your quick questions.
The videos are very didactic, short and with concise explanations. I have been using it to remind me of important concepts in the well performance theme and also to learn about some software applications. And definitely I can apply on my day-to-day job. I found it very useful and a fast way of learning, rather than being in a classroom.
Track your progress as you grow your skills, in your own time. Take interactive assessments to put your new knowledge to the test and prepare for that interview or evaluation, while refreshing your memory with our quick revision videos. Earn badges to demonstrate your new skills or those of your team – and watch your achievements mount up as you go. This is how to learn, in your time.
(Searchable knowledge base)
*12 month subscription Single User
*12 month subscription Single User