This extensive course covers an introduction to petroleum production, well performance concepts and applications (well modelling with Prosper) and a review of artificial lift systems design, diagnosis and applications in both conventional and unconventional reservoirs. Production operations topics include data measurement and analysis, well surveillance, well integrity, well intervention and sand control, formation damage and stimulation, production chemistry and flow assurance, surface production facilities and fluids treatment and corrosion control and materials selection. This course provides a solid and comprehensive foundation for all production engineers. IChemE accredited course (70 CPD hours).
. . . anyone wishing to learn about the concepts and applications of production operations engineering.
10 days classroom equivalent.
1. Introduction to Production Operations
2. Production system concepts
3. Units and datums
4. Reservoir fluid properties overview
5. PVT correlations and matching
6. Gas fluid properties using an EoS
7. Workshop: Building a well model with Prosper (Part 1)
8. Inflow performance concepts
9. Radial flow IPR and skin
10. Outflow performance concepts
11. Holdup and slip
12. Flow correlations and VLPs
13. Workshop: Building a well model with Prosper (Part 2)
14. Pressure loss at surface
15. Nodal analysis concepts
16. Nodal analysis plot interpretation
17. Workshop: Matching the well model (Prosper)
18. Workshop: More complex IPR modelling (Prosper)
19. Workshop: Sensitivity analysis (Prosper)
20. Introduction to Artificial Lift Systems
21. Gas lift key concepts
22. Gas lift design and VLPs
23. Gas lift equipment and valve calculations
24. Gas lift diagnosis
25. ESP key concepts and performance curves
26. ESP equipment overview
27. ESP design and sensitivities
28. ESP operations, control and optimisation
29. ESP diagnosis and runlife optimisation
30. PCP key concepts and performance curves
31. PCP design and operation
32. Artificial lift in unconventional reservoirs
33. Production measurement
34. Production surveillance
35. Production allocation
36. Well integrity management
37. Well intervention and sand control
38. Formation damage and stimulation methods
39. Production chemistry and flow assurance
40. Surface production facilities and treatment
41. Corrosion control and material selection
On completion of the final course exam you will receive a certificate of completion of your course. Recognised by major players in the industry across the world, these certificates will help to confirm your training record and your progress within the profession. Institution of Chemical Engineers (IChemE) approved training course.
Digital badges are awarded upon the successful completion of a set of skills (micro-credentials) that form a competency set for Production and Reservoir Engineers.
Upon successful completion of a module (set of courses), a certificate will be issued. This can be used as evidence for requesting module exemption under Robert Gordon University’s Recognition of Certified Prior Learning (RCPL) when applying for entry to the M.Sc. in Petroleum Production Engineering. Please note undertaking these Baobab courses does not guarantee RPCL.
First of all it is fantastic! The setup is easy to understand and your introduction helps to clarify all open questions. The search function works well. I tested a key words and I always found what I wanted.
I really think the bitesize videos are excellent. They are so easy to dip in and out. It allows me to go exactly to the part I am interested in. It is the perfect tool for on-the-job learning – the perfect virtual colleague who can answer all your quick questions.
The videos are very didactic, short and with concise explanations. I have been using it to remind me of important concepts in the well performance theme and also to learn about some software applications. And definitely I can apply on my day-to-day job. I found it very useful and a fast way of learning, rather than being in a classroom.
Track your progress as you grow your skills, in your own time. Take interactive assessments to put your new knowledge to the test and prepare for that interview or evaluation, while refreshing your memory with our quick revision videos. Earn badges to demonstrate your new skills or those of your team – and watch your achievements mount up as you go. This is how to learn, in your time.
(Searchable knowledge base)
*12 month subscription Single User
*12 month subscription Single User